Thank you for accessing a website for Tranquility Ventures (“Tranquility”) companies and any affiliated entities. Tranquility owns and operates the websites (“Sites”) for Tranquility companies Smarter Security and ReconaSense.
We want to make it easy for you to see and understand our privacy practices. By visiting the Site directly or through another site, you accept the practices described in this Policy. These guidelines only apply to your visit to this site, and do not include any redirect URLs that link you to another internet domain.
- Information Collection
- Information Use and Security
- Information Sharing and Retention
- How to Contact Us
- Information Collection. We collect Personal Information and Non-personal Information through the Site.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual.
- For example, you may be required to submit Personal Information such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address in order to receive content from our Site or via download, phone, email, or direct mail.
- It is always your choice whether to provide Personal Information. However, if you choose not to provide requested Personal Information, you may not be able to register for, or use, certain content or features of the Site.
“Non-personal Information” is aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity.
- For example, when you visit the Site, we (and our service providers) may collect Non-personal Information, such which Site pages you visit.
- Non-personal Information is generally collected through the Site from the following sources: server log files, environmental variables, cookies, pixel tags and other similar technologies and information that you voluntarily provide.
In some instances, we may combine Non-personal Information with Personal Information.
- When combined with Personal Information, Non-personal Information may be linked to Personal Information in a way that allows an association with your Personal Information, and will be treated by us as Personal Information.
- For example, cookies help us with things like remembering your username for your next visit and understanding how you are interacting with the Site.
- When such information is not combined with any Personal Information, such information is considered to be Non-personal Information, as it does not personally identify you or any other user.
Additionally, we may aggregate Personal Information in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site (for example, by using Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our customers in a particular state). Such aggregate information is considered Non-personal Information for purposes of this Policy including:
- Server Log Files. Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. We use your IP address, and the IP addresses of all users, for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose problems with the Site’s servers, and administering the Site. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites.
- Environmental Variables. We may also collect certain environmental variables, such as the type of device you use to access the Site, the type and version of operating system, screen resolution, type of Internet browser, and Internet browser version. These environmental variables are collected by most browsers, and can be used to optimize your experience on the Site.
- Pixel Tags. We may also use so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “Pixel Tags”) in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted e-mail messages to, among other things, compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1×1), that is ordinarily not visible to Site visitors and may be associated with Cookies on the visitors´ hard drives. Pixel Tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services, to provide online advertising, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted e-mail messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when the e-mail has been opened.
- Information That You Voluntarily Provide. We also collect other Non-personal Information (such as your geographic location) when you voluntarily provide such information to us.
- The Sites are not directed to children under the age of thirteen.
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on the Sites.
- If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on the Site, we will delete the information from our records.
Links to Third-party Websites
- The Site may contain links to third-party websites. These linked sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the contents of any such linked site, or any link contained in any linked site.
- We provide such links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link on the Site does not imply endorsement of the linked site by us. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the privacy policies and practices of any third parties.
- Information Use and Security. We use your Personal Information to communicate with you through email, phone, social media, and direct mail.
We may use Personal Information we collect in the following ways:
- Fulfillment of Requests. We may use Personal Information collected about you to provide you with content, products, services or information that you request.
- Administrative Communications. From time to time we may use Personal Information to send to you important information regarding your account, the Site, or changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. You cannot opt out of administrative communications about your account.
- Other We may send you information and promotional information about products and services. You may “opt out” of receiving such information If you would prefer that we do not send such email messages to you, follow the instructions to unsubscribe or contact us as explained in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Please note that you may still receive account notifications, such as payment and security notices.
Disclosure of Your Information
- Except as explained in the “Information Sharing” section below, we will not disclose your information to anyone except Tranquility companies’ personnel or our third party providers who need the information for customer service purposes, such as responding to a request for assistance or information, or that otherwise provide services to us, such as shippers and suppliers.
- In addition, we may use or disclose personal information we have collected in the good faith belief that we are lawfully authorized to do so, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to protect you, to comply with legal process or authorities, to respond to any claims, or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Tranquility companies, our customers, our employees or the public.
Because Non-personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to disclose such Non-personal Information to other third parties, for any purpose.
- We take reasonable security precautions to protect the personally identifiable information that we collect on the Sites from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure.
- However, we cannot guarantee that our security precautions will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose your personally identifiable information.
- Information Sharing and Retention. We may disclose information about you to affiliated and non-affiliated third parties.
We may share your information in the following ways:
- We may share aggregated demographic information with our partners. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
- We may share information provided by our users with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf. These service providers are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- Business Partners. We may partner with other companies to fulfill the products or services that you order. We may disclose Personal Information and/or Non-personal or de-identified information collected about you to such third-party partners for the purposes described in this Policy.
- We reserve the right to transfer any and all information that we collect from Site users to an affiliate or a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- Unless we otherwise agree, after the term of your subscription has expired or terminated, we may retain your Personal Information as follows: to resolve disputes, to comply with official investigations or proceedings, as required by company policy or legal obligation, and/or to enforce Tranquility companies’ agreements.
- Additional Information
- If you are visiting this Site from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the United States and processing globally.
- If there are significant changes, we may notify you via email and/or by posting a prominent notice on the Site.
- Changes to this Privacy Statement are effective at the time they are posted to the Site, and your continued use of the Site after posting will constitute acceptance of, and agreement to be bound by, those changes.
- How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement or if you would like us to update information we have about you, please contact us.
- Toll-free Phone: 1.800.943.0043
- Mail: Tranquility Ventures, 110 Wild Basin Road, #200, Austin, TX 78746